Ninad Kulkarni (PBZ)
@Ninad_PBZ
1 yr. ago

Converting Backhands IntroductionWhat are the strokes of the game ? Forehand, volley, dinks ,drives, smashes, lobs, passing shots. But am I missing something? Yup its the backhand. Backhand shots are considered the most easy points. Until one reaches 4.0 the main strategy is to keep the ball on opponents backhand and move forward to volley. That's called the textbook game. Just so simple yet effective for 4.0 and below categories.Converting a backhandThe most scoring part of pickleball is backhand. No one naturally knows how to hit a backhand unlike forehand. And before we jump into the main content I just want to make clear that these tips are only to be experimented on baseline or when you are deep outside court, do not try these on volley.STEPBACKSStepbacks are one of the most interesting shots. In this shot the player tries to comfort himself with balls level, height and position by having his Playing side foot to be steepened aback adjacent to his non playing foot. I know this can be confusing so let me break it down for you.When in between a point you maybe facing a problem that the ball is above your waist level when in no mans land, in this situation have your right leg(for right handed) taken parallel to left foot facing the toes to sideline. Now you have made enough space to roll or drive the ball. For the aftermath you can have you left foot to be stepped aback and get ready a step back or move ahead with flow of the ball.While converting a backhand into a forehand you must know how to do a stepback. All you have to do to convert the backhand is, have our right foot cross a bit more to left rather than having it right behind the left foot and follow the same procedure to get ready for rest of the battle.PreswingPreswing is just a part of stepbacks. As the name suggests all you gotta do is have your paddle behind your shoulder line and that's it. Finding the right time for preswing is just a natural thing which cant be expressed through words. You rather have to feel it.So now dont wait go on the court and try it out!
Read more
Tyler Irvin
Excellent post here! Yeah, backhand shots especially from the baseline are always tricky, but can definitely take your game to the next level!
1 yr. ago
In response Ninad Kulkarni (PBZ) to his Publication

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Tyler Irvin, click on at the bottom under it

Get the full app experience

Enjoy more great features on the app

Download Now

Not now